Stock Radio wont come on.. How to check if its bad?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Connor Leonard

CarAudio.com Newbie
Yes, I just bought a 03 Honda accord and the stock radio is not working. It just doesnt come on or anything. The guy I bought it from said about a month or so before I bought it from him one day it was working fine and then the next time he got in car it wouldnt come on. Now I already checked the radio fuse in the box on the inside by the drives feet. Also, I called a local audio install place that does really good work and says that I could bring it by and he knows a way where he can check and tell me if the Radio its self is just bad and no good anymore or that its still good and that there is another problem. I dont really feel like going drive 45min across town to them and plus I like to figure stuff out myself and tinker with things so does anyone know how to also check to see if the stock radio is bad? Im assuming there must be a way to like take a volt meter and touch it to a certain part if I take it apart and see? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

They are known to fail.  Super common issue with 2003-2005 Accord radios.  Nothing you can do other than replace it with another stock unit that will fail or transition to aftermarket using a variety of available kits.

Have you checked to see if there is actually power at the fuse? Maybe go to the local dealer and see if they can print you a copy of the radio pinouts and see if your getting power to the radio. I have a power probe3 the can supply power and ground as well as check continuity. Best $60 I spent.

Edit: This is for a 2002 Civic, not sure if it's the same.

Screenshot_20190131-085112_Firefox.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.