mounting inverted

BoomBoxStereo
10+ year member

@woofergram
i have my two subs wired down to one ohm... all i need to do is reverse the speaker wire into the amp, right (positive in negative and negative in positive)?

my headunit also has a 'reverse' setting... does that just reverse the polarity on the headunit or can i just use that instead of rewiring?

thanks

you dont wire them any different, you just change the phase on your amp and reverse polarity on the HU brah
i was told "when you wire inverted you wire the subs like you would usually do, but just switch the positive and negative at the amp"

you dont wire them any different, you just change the phase on your amp and reverse polarity on the HU brah
What if your hu doesn't have a reverse option on it? And phase if there's a 0 and 180 switch do you switch it to 180? Sorry op just curious. Lol this has always confused me.

What if your hu doesn't have a reverse option on it? And phase if there's a 0 and 180 switch do you switch it to 180? Sorry op just curious. Lol this has always confused me.
i was gonna ask the same actually because my saz2000 just has the phase knob

Either will work. If you have one sub inverted and one not, you would then need to switch the phase 180 degrees on one of those subs

Whether you do it at the head, the amp, or the speaker terminals, it's all the same thing. Being able to do it with a switch on the amplifier is more convenient than rewiring the drivers. Doing it at the head is more convenient than getting out and doing it at the amplifier. Choose one and only one way to do it.

The reason you're doing it is to get the best phase integration between the front stage and the subwoofer.

Fuck...

Often times running subs out of phase blends with mids better anyway. I never even pay attention to phase going into my woofers and typically test on the HU and go with whichever blends best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.