Stock HU and 8-pin DIN connector (Acura)

Participant count
  • Participant list

GSR Jay

Canada
No one has been able to answer this post no matter where I post it.

I have a 1997 Acura Integra GSR with the factory CD head unit. I've been wondering if there is a way of creating an RCA type stereo input connection using the 8-pin DIN connector from the stock CD player that is normally used for the optional CD shuttle. What I want to do is hook up my Mini-Disc player to my radio. It's a Sony with MDLP capability so I can play like over 4 hours of tunes from one disc. I do not want an aftermarket deck as I'm satisified with what I have now (read broke). I don't have the tape player.

This site shows a good pin description of the factory DIN socket:

http://integra.cyberglobe.net/carau...agrams/DIN.html

How do the deck and CD changer communicate through that DIN cable? Two of the pins are designated R and L designating the left and right channels I'm assuming. Is there a way that something could be rigged up to fool the deck into thinking that a changer is connected to it? Any electronic guru's here?

Jay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.