Still waiting for SI BM MKIII's!!

Fartbucket
10+ year member

CA
I pre-ordered 2 MKIII's back in April. They keep getting pushed back because of parts suppliers. If it takes this long to get these, what happens if someone needs to get work done to them or if you blow one and need a replacement? Now I'm looking at the Memphis S Class shallow 12's. Does anyone have any input on these? Thanks

Nick will have raw parts in stock in decent quantity once this shipment arrives. After this next run he was planning to start building them from scratch here and ordering much higher quantities of raw parts ahead of time -- to help keep delays to a minimum.

There are alot of weird things going on in China now... my last shipment was delayed due to a government inspection at the chrome facility... now my new plastic toolings for the SA line are delayed due to the factory being required to shut down for periods of time to save electricity.

I guess you just have to learn from it. It sounds like Nick will probably be prepared for the next go around. I cant wait to get them so I can get rid of the 8W7 in the center console of my 2008 Ford CC Superduty. I already have a SPL2K box made to go behind the rear seat. A JL 500/1 will be driving the 2 subs but I might want to upgrade. Jacob, which one of your amps do you think would be ideal for the BM's? I have Boston Pros in the front doors and the grade below Bostons in the rear drivin by a JL 300/4. What amp would you think would be good for the Boston's also. Thanks.

An SAX-100.4 for the components would do well and an SAX-1200D for the pair of BMs -- the 1200D is, of course, more than what you need power wise so be careful when adjusting it.

There are alot of weird things going on in China now... my last shipment was delayed due to a government inspection at the chrome facility... now my new plastic toolings for the SA line are delayed due to the factory being required to shut down for periods of time to save electricity.
That's a understandment. There's a whole sh** storm going on over there. Why a lot of companies have been trying to get stuff into the states.

To OP I was just about to order a BM mkIII now I'm going to sit back and wait. That's for the info. There are soo many shallow subs coming out on the market look them up!

The last of the parts are arriving shortly. Hopefully they will arrive at our shop at the end of this month. Our first production run went off without any problems. This second run, however, was filled full of supplier/supply problems. The major thing first was the availability of neo. The last thing, however, was the diaphragms. Now everything is sorted and the diaphragms are headed over to us. Believe me, I want these speakers built as much as you do!

With this run of speakers, we have ordered a lot of extra parts from our soft parts vendors so we will have plenty of re-cones available if needed. Coils, spiders, carriers, diaphragms, surrounds, you name it, we will have plenty of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For this next run we're planning on trying to hedge this kind of thing from happening again and placing a large order of raw components. Once the big order happens all drivers will be personally built by me. Even at that point I may have to pull a lot of late nights to keep up with all of the orders. The inquiries about buying BM mkIII's is getting pretty staggering. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

...and after these pre-order drivers get built and shipped out the remainder of the drivers will probably be sold in the first couple of days once we open up ordering again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif If I had it my way we would have enough parts to build all the speakers necessary right this instant. But with everything that's going on overseas it's not an issue of placing an order, it's an issue of if/when we receive our order.

One last thing: For those of you who don't know, SI now has a Facebook page. The Facebook page has even more current updates than our newsletter does since tiny updates can be posted easily on there.

Got the subs by Fed Ex Saturday delivery!!! Now I must install. Going to try with the 500/1 first and see how it sounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.