still getting voltage drops.

MitchZ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I finally got my zx2500 fixed. But I'll be running it at 4 ohms. 1200 rms.

I have a kinetik hc2400 in the trunk and 0 gauge all round. I still get significant voltage drops and dimming. I don't have big 3 because I'm not good with electrical under the hood

Will that fix the problem or do I need a isolator

even doing the grounds under ur hood will help. i wasnt able to do the power wire from my alt, only the grounds and it helped.

id goto knukonceptz.com and get some 1/0 rings and however many feet of wire you need. probly only like 5ft for the grounds. do you have 2 runs 1/0 connecting the front and rear battery. one for postive and one for negative? also how many amps is your alt? and are your testing the voltage drop at idle or reving to 2k rpm. how much is the voltage actually droppign?

I finally got my zx2500 fixed. But I'll be running it at 4 ohms. 1200 rms.I have a kinetik hc2400 in the trunk and 0 gauge all round. I still get significant voltage drops and dimming. I don't have big 3 because I'm not good with electrical under the hood

Will that fix the problem or do I need a isolator
What car or what size alternator Brah? Big would help some as others have said.

even doing the grounds under ur hood will help. i wasnt able to do the power wire from my alt, only the grounds and it helped.
id goto knukonceptz.com and get some 1/0 rings and however many feet of wire you need. probly only like 5ft for the grounds. do you have 2 runs 1/0 connecting the front and rear battery. one for postive and one for negative? also how many amps is your alt? and are your testing the voltage drop at idle or reving to 2k rpm. how much is the voltage actually droppign?
I have one power wire going from front to back. Batteries are grounded to sanded chasis. zx2500 is grounded to battery and 4 ch is grounded to chassis. It's a 1995 mustang so I think the alt is 130 a. I have a battery voltmeter in the dash and it looks like it drops 1-1.5 volts and keeps going down on constant bass songs like da blow. On other songs it's okay. Like party like a rockstar.

gains are set extremely low too. Like 1/11 of the way on. Bass boost 1/3
You set your gain based on calculations not nes on where the knob position is, also I did the Big 3 and it helped alot but I still get some drops with heavy bass when my lights are on (usually when Im stopped at a stop light)

Big 3 FTW...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Will help you a lot.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have an 2001 Audi tt and was running 1500 watts @ full tilt and had major light dimming issues, i did the Big 3 and it didn't help much at all, added a second battery and problem was solved... then moved up to 2200 watts and dims again although not bad at all.... point is dont expect it to solve everything, if you are even considering expanding the wattage go with second battery (plus Big 3)

You set your gain based on calculations not nes on where the knob position is, also I did the Big 3 and it helped alot but I still get some drops with heavy bass when my lights are on (usually when Im stopped at a stop light)
calculations as in voltage usig a dmm to the speaker out puts?? At 35 hz tone??

i have an 2001 Audi tt and was running 1500 watts @ full tilt and had major light dimming issues, i did the Big 3 and it didn't help much at all, added a second battery and problem was solved... then moved up to 2200 watts and dims again although not bad at all.... point is dont expect it to solve everything, if you are even considering expanding the wattage go with second battery (plus Big 3)
I already have a hc2400 in trunk. That's more than enough for 1200 rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.