STILL can't get what i want.

PepsiFiend69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I still CANNOT get the sound i am looking for, ive tried ported, now sealed and i still can't get the sound im looking for, can someone help me out?

my setup consists of:

2 12w6v2's, sealed box, 1.5 cubes each sub, powered by hifonics bx1605, @ 1 ohm, gain set alittle less than half, SSF off, LPF set to full pass ( i do all the tuning though my 860mp), lpf on my HU @63htz, with a -12db slope. sub "volume" is set at 0

i am looking for crisp, clean-cut, solid sounding bass. it still sounds "hollow" a little and very unatural. it also seems a bit delayed from my front stage.

also on some notes the substage makes it sound like my mids are distorting, which i know for a fact its not my mids, because i had them setup about 2 weeks ago, and have been subless untill now.

anyone have any suggestions? maybe some polyfil? smaller box?

those are probably just rattles up front.

my sunroof motor cover rattles if i play my subs above ~60hz.

try setting your HPF/LPF lower

and could also be the reason your setup sounds 'hollow'

subs aren't really designed to play midbass, so if they're playing up to 80hz, that could explain why they sound weird.,

I suggested to raise because he made no mention of his frontstage other than they sound like they're distorting.

Another idea: turn the level of the bass down and see if the "distortion" goes away.

I suggested to raise because he made no mention of his frontstage other than they sound like they're distorting.

Another idea: turn the level of the bass down and see if the "distortion" goes away.
it does go away, but then the sub is barely audible

is it in a trunk completly sealed from cabin?
yes, with the seat, but there is a 3rd 5x7" hole that is not filled that the sound comes through on the rear deck, there is carpet over it, also trunk is sound deadened and so is the rear deck, so rattling is out of the picture as far as the "distortion"

its sealed??? if so probelm solved...i had my friends W3v2s in my suv testing them for him in a ported box and they were ok for what they were but we put em in a sealed box and they sounded hollow just like you described and weak...

EDIT- saw you tried ported...what ported box you have it in??

do you have a phase control on your amp or hu. Try turning that knob and see if you get a different effect, perhaps even reverse the wires if you can't do that. Sounds like a phasing issue to me. Also playing with your lpf might be a good idea. If you on 80 hz, try lowering it a bit.

I believe that HU has like a 7 or 11 band EQ. Is the center freq for the low end higher than 50hz? Try it lower to around 40hz. If you have a SSF set it to about 20hz.

Hope this helps!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ts sealed??? if so probelm solved...i had my friends W3v2s in my suv testing them for him in a ported box and they were ok for what they were but we put em in a sealed box and they sounded hollow just like you described and weak...

EDIT- saw you tried ported...what ported box you have it in??

i had 2 in 4 cubes tuned to 33, and 1 in 2 cubes tuned to 28 htz

as for phasing, i'll give that a try tommorow, although i was real careful throughout the install to make sure everything was wired up correctly

and the lowest the SSF goes is like 25 htz or something.

it's a 13 band eq with I think focus at 50hz and 80hz

The hu has a phase switch option for the subwoofer output. Try that when checking the phasing.

I'm thinking now it's more along the lines of in-cabin cancellation.

it's a 13 band eq with I think focus at 50hz and 80hz

The hu has a phase switch option for the subwoofer output. Try that when checking the phasing.

I'm thinking now it's more along the lines of in-cabin cancellation.

ughh, another reason for me totally hate my car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.