Stiff subs or unrealistic expectations?

I never use the knobs, I set the gain correctly and leave it once it's set up....... if you turn the level to the left, does the volume go down on the sub.

set your gain properly, do a search
While showing off this morning I smelled some coils... Lol. No more boost, gain at half and knob at 1/4. Subs seem to love it and they still have some output, so it looks like I found the sweet spot. In a few months I might upgrade to some vfl's or some dc 2 or 3's, get subs that can take more power lol.

The irony of your username and this thread kills me..
Haha yeah, I managed to research for a good 5 months before buying and still f*cked up the easy ****. I finally got it all together working nicely, amp putting out around 1100 watts set with a dmm and a calculator (hopefully thats clean power haha) and with the retard box I still get sunroof flex. Sounds terrible though. Next step is going to be speakers and a good bit of deadener.

Best feeling in the world is parking next to the douche with two kicker comps who claims to be the loudest guy around and absolutely drowning out his system.

Also for the record, subs were never out of phase. Traced every problem to 4 things: A grounding point with half assed sanding, improperly set gains and filters, a ****** box and mediocre connections inside the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.