STI - Fi Q's...need box...in OC...$$...is 2 too many?

j0ne
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
la
got 2 fi Q's i need to put in a sti....

any box builders wanna take the project on? need it rather fast...

will pay cash.

please send me a message and some examples of your finish products, blueprints, and a quote.

I am thinking the 2 q's might be too many drivers for the trunk space...and 1 ported may be the better bet....

any guidance?

-Jon

you forgot to say the size of your subs. but a rule to live by is 1 sub in the properly sized enclosure>>>>>>2 subs in a grossly undersized enclosure. i believe if they are 12" q's you will need a grand total of 5.5-6 cubes NET. thats a pretty **** big box. i don't know how big the sti trunk is but i'd be willing to bet it'd be really hard to stuff that many cubes in that trunk.

this is a good idea though if they are 10's. 10's can fit in about 3.5-4 cubes net which is a whole 2 cubes smaller.

oh if theyre 10's then I think you can probably fit 2 of them. how about this...go into your trunk and take down the measurements of your trunk. from there we will tell you what size/how many q's to run.

don't forget to measure the opening of the trunk too instead of just the inside. nothing worse than building a box that won't fit through the lid...
yep thats a good piece of advise. learned that one the hard way. i don't know about other cars but in some (like mine) when you take out the back seat you have a huge opening straight to the trunk. I would imagine most have a piece of sheet metal separating it or something.

looking for someone in oc to design and construct.

i know how to and have done both numerous times.

just no ti,me or tools

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.