Stevens SA1 25mm or CDT ES-1200iS

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well, pretty sure I'll like them both, but yeah, getting both would solve that always naggin "what if" in the back of the mind. It might come down to the mounting depth and not wanting to add an additional 1/4" spacer. Can't hear esthetics but...

That what if will always exist until you hear both. Now if mounting depth is an issue but you can make it work, that what if still comes back. If you couldn’t make it work that what if goes away. You have to convince yourself you cant make it work 😅

Last edited:
That what if will always exist until you hear both. Now if mounting depth is an issue but you can make it work, that what if still comes back. If you couldn’t make it work that what if goes away. You have to convince yourself you cant make it work 😅
I know man. A little fab work, actually a lot of A pillar fab work so, will have to weigh the options for sure.

Last edited:
Even when you tune super low you then need subs capable of getting low. These days everything that can take power uses insanely stiff suspensions making them sound like glorified midbass driver to me 🤣. In my car I built the subs to balance it as much as I can but still miss sealed. I miss the low end and just the way bass sounds in a sealed enclosure. I can also do the subs the way I like to get that type of sound I like.
I have to say, my dual 13" 33v2s in a stuffed/braced 3.44 cubic foot box sound extremely musical. They can't fart, don't snort and the bass that emanates from them is simply sublime! Sealed baby, all the way!

I have to say, my dual 13" 33v2s in a stuffed/braced 3.44 cubic foot box sound extremely musical. They can't fart, don't snort and the bass that emanates from them is simply sublime! Sealed baby, all the way!

What also helps is the suspensions on them aren’t as tight as a virgin on prom night! Sorry I couldn’t resist using this joke 🤣

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Doxquzme

Premium Member
Current build, 2012 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5T
Doxquzme
Boise, ID
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies