What to do?

Never Going to get those bullet tweeters in the dash locations without some sort of substantial riser, they are brutal off the windshield anyway. Might want to look into something like this which you could modify for this sort of use.

Or pull the door panel and figure out if there is a place you cut a hole into the doors and mount them in the upper door if possible.

So I have a couple tweeters and an amp. My truck is an '08 Ram 1500 standard cab. My tweeters are Orion XTR950FD. The amp is an Orion XTR500.4. I had originally planned to put them in the dash where the factory mids go but the holes are too small and I can't cut them any larger. Anyone have suggestions on what to do? I got them from amazon but let the return window close so now I'm stuck with them. I don't see me getting my money out of them from selling so I guess I'll just use them. I have a build going on with my '00 camry and had thought of putting them in the rear deck but I don't think they would sound good there.

Suggestions?
Ya man.. I wouldnt put them in the rear deck at all. Mids or Coax would prob work better and sealed from the Trunk space sealed? Separate air space. they would be ok for just Pure Loud up front doors and may blend with two pairs of 150-200 rms 6.5 mids. Be great to use on a work bench or garage /shop system later on?

I like Loud, but for some reason.. I just have no love for bullet style tweets. To me they Ugly 👀 👀:poop:!! And Harsh. Take up some serious real estate.,and very few mounting options/ mainly 1 = Crater Hole/Cavity . Id rather load up on Silks or Titanium 1" with optional mountings, of which I do

Last edited:
So I have a couple tweeters and an amp. My truck is an '08 Ram 1500 standard cab. My tweeters are Orion XTR950FD. The amp is an Orion XTR500.4. I had originally planned to put them in the dash where the factory mids go but the holes are too small and I can't cut them any larger. Anyone have suggestions on what to do? I got them from amazon but let the return window close so now I'm stuck with them. I don't see me getting my money out of them from selling so I guess I'll just use them. I have a build going on with my '00 camry and had thought of putting them in the rear deck but I don't think they would sound good there.

Suggestions?
Bullet tweeters in a car are horrible (IMHO). I'd put them on ebay and get some dome tweeters that can be dropped into the OEM locations.

Suggestions?

Have you heard those tweeters before? They are really loud. I'm not going to say they sound bad, but sound quality is a personal preference. Those are best for Pro audio setups or really, really loud sound systems. I agree with above. Throw them on eBay and get what you can out of them and get some dome tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

CarAudio.com Regular
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Doxquzme