Stereo Amp Overhaul

Participant count
  • Participant list

burt808

hawaii
My build was done over 10 years ago and some of my head unit buttons are failing and I think my pdx 5 is underpowered....Well I knew that 10 years ago...

Im itching to spend a little for maybe a pdx v9 5 channel but would going from 75w to 100w for the focal krx2 make a big differance...

I do not want to run power wires etc for a additional amp, im 41 years old now and well im slowly not caring as much anymore...

I originally went with the pdx 5 because of the small footprint in my kingcab as its only under my drivers seat..

Here are a few pictures from a very old thread I dug up....

My Stereo System - Nissan Frontier Forum

2007 Frontier KC Nismo

Alpine IXA W407

Alpine PDX 5

Alpine Imprint

Focal 165 KRX2 Components

Focal Polyglass 165 CVX 6.5 Inch

Kenwood KFCXW-1000F sub

2 Bulks of Dynamat(50pounds) w/Full Dynaliner

Bottom line is whats a good amp that fits in the same place to power the entire system, and is it worth upgrading my whole head unit/dsp unit for a 2018 kenwood etc or should I just leave it be...I still can use the remote control for volume

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.