Steering wheel controls adapter + bluetooth kit + AUX input for stock head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have Jaguar 1999 XJ8 , with phone button on steering wheel.

It has a cassete player/radio as head unit. I dont want to change head unit ('cause single DIN units requires faceplate on this car)

Is there any bluetooth kit, that could be connected to AUX input on stock head unit and to steering wheel controls adapter, and could accept calls/play A2DP streamed audio (without replacing old stock head unit to modern one)?

Which the best adapter for steering wheel controls for this use? I was looking at PAC SWI-JACK and Axxess Metra ASWC-1 . I

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Not enough information. Some remote units are radio specific while others are stand alone.
thanks for your time in replying and the effort you have obviously gone to, my radio only has just one single wire for the steering wheel control...
Did the instructions on the back of the main module not work? They are vague but give you a general procedure.
Update: I emailed Atoto support. They are asking me which wire in this Simple Soft CAN BUS controls the steering buttons? If I knew that, I...
That might depend on the head unit. Some can use a 5 amp fuse, some a 10amp, some a 15amp fuse (if / depending on how much it's powering the...

About this thread

sergey.v.klimov

sergey.v.klimov
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Worlddre