oh no noob question....

Participant count
  • Participant list

BoomBoxStereo
10+ year member

@woofergram
do i need to have two speaker wires running into the + and - terminals like this diagram says? wouldn't putting two seperate wires into one terminal be unsafe? if i plan on putting in 8 gauge speaker wire i don't think two ends of 8 gauge wire will fit into one terminal... help me better understand this. i'm brain farting. it's late...

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

All negatives go to the negative on the amp, and all positives go to the positive on the amp.
but what i'm saying is that (on the left sub in the diagram) it appears that two seperate wires go into the top left positive terminal. is that correct?

but what i'm saying is that (on the left sub in the diagram) it appears that two seperate wires go into the top left positive terminal. is that correct?
Yes that connects the positives from the other sub (wire 1) and the positive from the other coil (wire 2).

Yes that connects the positives from the other sub (wire 1) and the positive from the other coil (wire 2).
okay just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to fry anything if i put two seperate wires into the one terminal... but now if i switch to 8-gauge speaker wire, how will two different 8-gauge wires both fit into the tiny positive terminal on the sub?

okay just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to fry anything if i put two seperate wires into the one terminal... but now if i switch to 8-gauge speaker wire, how will two different 8-gauge wires both fit into the tiny positive terminal on the sub?
8 gauge is WAY overkill, unless you are running tons of power and chasing .10's. And it will not fit in most terminals.

I can assure you that you would not hear a difference between the two.
my amp has two positive inputs, and two negative inputs (for speaker wire)... should i use both sets of positive and negative on the amp, or just one (for one ohm)?

here's my amp................

x114D10001-O.jpeg

8 gauge FTW.... lol

connect the 2 8 gauge wires togerther then take another single wire. connect the 2 wires to the single wire and run the single one into the amp. thats what i had to do with my temp amp i have in now because the terminals were 2 small for my 6ga or 8ga speaker wire.

8 gauge FTW.... lolconnect the 2 8 gauge wires togerther then take another single wire. connect the 2 wires to the single wire and run the single one into the amp. thats what i had to do with my temp amp i have in now because the terminals were 2 small for my 6ga or 8ga speaker wire.
what do you mean?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.