Static and popping upon turning off

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xcedrin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Denver
Hey Guys Need some help.

Installed new system, amp, hu, components, and sub. Everything seemed to be running fine for awhile. I left the amp unsecured to set gain then establish a better ground othen then the seat bolt and shorten some cables to tidy up amp wire mess. Worked ok but I was getting noise from left rear speaker only. Seemed to have vanished and worked well for a bit.

Well Sunday I pulled out the seat. Took my ground wire and hooked it up to the solid frame underneath my 4runner. Hooked everything back up powered on and buzz from one speaker right front. Unplugged speaker cable sound continued. Unplugged rca sound went away. Swapped this withe a different speaker from same result only one speaker though. Turning it off only one speaker will pop and I can move it around based on where the rca cable is inputted. OK I thought I had pinpointed it to an RCA cable.... Swapped the cable to a brand new one avoiding being close to the power run. Plugged it in.... same result popping and light static noise same speaker as other rca run just the ONE. I did make the mistake of running all my rca cables the same route as the power cable as are the new speaker wires. I have tried looping wire around all rca inputs and grounding it to something close but same result. Im not sure what to try next other then re route the positive cable from the battery but im not sure why this would cause a sudden issue now.

Any help here?

Hu Avh2550 nex
Amp - pdx v9
Kappa 6.5 compont
Jl 10w3v3

Could try picking up a pair of RCA Y splitters (1male -2 Female) and just split the signal coming out the one that doesn't make noise.
You will loose your fade but it might save you the cost of a new HU
Unless of course the HU is still under warranty

Well dang was really hoping it was being caused by some type of ground or wiring issue but that makes sense. I would assume no way to fix this. I bought the radio for very cheap as a I work for a salvage yard and find these things every once in awhile.

I do have another pioneer head unit I will try tonight. Unfortunally it doesn't have the android auto I was loving. I have a Kenwood 9904s at work here as well though. Might have to rewire everything to this kenwood if it is the head unit. Thanks for the help guys I will update with the result later tonight.

Unfortunally it doesn't have the android auto I was loving
Do not remove it, do as Kickstand suggested. Just use the rear RCA outputs since they play clean. I have not used fader control since I started multi-amping. Your amp may have a 2 channel input switch. If it does, connect the RCAs into the front inputs and the amp will share the signal to the other inputs.

it does, connect the RCAs into the front inputs and the amp will share the signal to the other inputs.
Screenshot_20210406-105843.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.