Starting a huge project, and I need alot of input

adjetta
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am about to be purchasing a new amp and i want to protect my investment, but i am unsure what the best use of my money is going to be. I know I need to upgrade my voltage, but I don't know what the best usage of my money will be, I was planning on getting a hifonics colossus which is 3200 watts rms bridged at 2 ohms, and i am also running an infinity KAPPA 5, which is somewhere around 500rms. My car is an 02 Infiniti I35 (same as a Nissan Maxima) and it has a 120 amp alternator and I still need the big three. Aside from performing the big three, what would be the most budget friendly approach be?

I am about to be purchasing a new amp and i want to protect my investment, but i am unsure what the best use of my money is going to be. I know I need to upgrade my voltage, but I don't know what the best usage of my money will be, I was planning on getting a hifonics colossus which is 3200 watts rms bridged at 2 ohms, and i am also running an infinity KAPPA 5, which is somewhere around 500rms. My car is an 02 Infiniti I35 (same as a Nissan Maxima) and it has a 120 amp alternator and I still need the big three. Aside from performing the big three, what would be the most budget friendly approach be?
Big 3 in 1/0 wire... AGM battery up front.. 240-300amp alternator, 3200 watts is going to kill your electrical on 120amp alternator..

why do you have a 5ch amp if you have a separate sub amp? Sell that infinity and get a 4ch. instead, unless you're running the 5th channel on that amp for a center channel. You can upgrade your batt for now or run another batt and that can help with the electrical without having to upgrade to an HO alt. Unfortunately, you'd still need to upgrade your alt in the long run.

Yeah H/O alt. big 3 and batter in the back. if youre looking to run 3k youre going to have to spend just as much if not more money on upgrading the electrical than you spent on the amp

i just don't know if upgrading my alt to a 270 amp will be enough, wont I still need additional batteries, I currently run one Diehard advnaced gold agm up front (775 CCA, 30-35ah?) and 1 Diehard platinum agm in the trunk (880 CCA, 64 ah) 0/1 from front to back, and the rear might benifit from additional grounding, only grounded once

and the 5 channel's 5th channel powers a midwoofer

If you are heavy with the volume you will need an ho alt. If not two large batts in back with 1/0 from the front should be fine.

there is so much I want, but my budget it quite limited, i plan on getting this done around the spring time, but at them moment I have about 800 Cleared for my project, but I also have 2 other significant expenses coming up, which will pretty much eat all of my tax return //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif so what would the smartest way to spend this 800 be?

i fried my last amp (Hifonics BRZ 2400.1) due to a massive clip during a cold start(left my deck turned up), but either way for the amp to fail that hard, i guess it would have already had to have been taking some abuse, it still stinks, and its been sitting in my garage for months, so I assume all of the times inwhich my dumbarse watched the voltage drop to 10.5 did their number on that last amp, either way i want to protect my next amp.

pretty much what iI should be saying is that im the idiot who get about 2 hours of playtime through his amp on a daily basis, I bump hard on my commute, it keeps me awake lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.