Buying a new HO alt. Help deciding

sbarber82
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am looking at buying a new alt for my 09 silverado 5.3. I got a great price from Tenney for a 270amp, but I am not sure I want to go that route. I can get a DC 300amp spx for my truck from them for 518 shipped. I am willing to spend almost double what the Tenney would cost me if I know it is that much better. I know Tenney is new and doesn't have many reviews out there. I know the DC is built from the ground up but don't know if the Tenney is.. Any guidance is appreciated

View attachment 26539047

DC

View attachment 26539048

Tenney

I have one, and it failed. get the tenney.
Shity. Thanks for the advice.

Now that I know the Tenney is also built from the ground up I think I am going to go that Direction. Just not sure to get the 270 or the 300

where you buy these alt from? been lookin online i see they sell them from places like summit. but im sure you need one that matches your car?

dang tenney has none listed for my car and either does dc. and i cant seem to see what mechman has for certain vehicles. dc only has one for sebring...... any other sites sell them for chargers?

Email Tenney with your vehicle info and he will give you a quote. He can build one for any car

dang tenney has none listed for my car and either does dc. and i cant seem to see what mechman has for certain vehicles. dc only has one for sebring...... any other sites sell them for chargers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sbarber82

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
sbarber82
Vegas baby
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date