Stacking Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

billyrodriguez
10+ year member

Chicago
I will soon get my second PCA 1500d from Audiotekx that I blew awhile ago. I have never had 2 amps to 1 sub, and would like to know how about doing it. I kind of have an idea but would like some guidance.

Here is my plan:

Distribution block for power, and finding a ground won't be a problem. Then I will run a piece of wire from the master amp to the slave amp for the remote. The amp has RCA in and out. So then I run RCA's from the out of the master to the in of the slave. Then speaker wire goes from + of master to - of slave. Then + of slave and - of master go to the sub. I also need to match the gains/filters/and bass boost. I am also not sure how to match the high and low pass filters, but I do have a DMM. And also does anyone know the significance of the master/slave switch.

Since your amps are designed to be strapped, you will only need to set the gain of the master amp, the slave amp will copy whatever the master is set to.

The master amp is the first in the chain, the one that gets the signal from the head unit. So hit the switch on that one to master, then select slave on the second.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.