SSA takes way too long...

psylo535
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
tampa,fl.
Been waiting since June 20th for a subwoofer. Every time I call or email I get the same answer...it will be ready shortly ! What the hell is your definition of shortly,2 months ?They shouldn't take a customers money if they have no idea when the product will be available. Just frustrated, that's all

Been waiting since June 20th for a subwoofer. Every time I call or email I get the same answer...it will be ready shortly ! What the hell is your definition of shortly,2 months ?They shouldn't take a customers money if they have no idea when the product will be available. Just frustrated, that's all
yup always assume a 2-3 month waiting period with SSA. I buy the subs used lol no wait and a fraction of the cost.

That's how companies in the USA are.

This isn't the first complaint I've heard about SSA wait time. I've also heard Fi can take forever.

I now have firsthand experience with Incriminator build time. Tantric (if you can even call it a company) sucked too. Fuck murphy

usually 3-4 weeks. What did you order?
Xcon 12. The wait is one thing , but I just keep getting the runaround saying it's almost done. Quit lying to me and just say I have no idea and you'll get it one day

Longest I had to wait for a sub to be delivered is a month.

2-3 months is wayy too long imo. And not good for other buyers either. Does McD's take 5-10 mins to get your order to ya in the drivethru?! Ok maybe sometimes but still...we don't wanna wait.

What is the problem with SSA stocking items? Is there a pay then build it time frame then or...??
@denim hopefully Aaron can shed some light on this matter.

No one was EVER lied to, EVER. Yes, the lead time is NOT fun, I know it very well as if I need one for my install, I have to wait just like everyone else.

When there is a sale on an American made sub for $100 off the price, that means there is a big jump in demand and the build house is slammed like crazy. I am constantly watching progress of the build queues (like an addict) and updating orders the moment they land on the UPS truck. There is a lead time because the Xcon, for example, has extensive machining work in the motor, and is made by hand here in the USA, one at a time. These are not mass produced over seas on a huge assembly line.

The Xcon is a premium subwoofer made with as much American materials as possible in a small build house in the USA. So here is the simple lay out of the mass majority of products in general: Good, Fast, Cheap, pick two. In this case, a great subwoofer was ordered at a killer price, so it is probably not going to be able to be shipping super fast.

Now the extended explanation: When you have small margins (difference between the cost to manufacture & ship a product compared to what the customer pays including free shipping), and small volume, that does not add up to having the big time money to have loads of stock pre-built on hand sitting and waiting. Meaning, we cannot sell for such a low price for such a nice product that sells in limited quantities and have capital to be way ahead on demand. In addition, the build house is also seeing high costs, being that it is in the USA and has to pay American workers while trying to source as much as possible from USA suppliers. What that is saying is that they cannot afford to have a massive army of workers due to cost to pay an American worker compared to over seas workers. So both us and our build house are being squeezed by demand for lower pricing.

Hopefully people understand the drastic differences between having an American made sub that has some time and work into it and a far east made sub, ESPECIALLY when the American made sub was discounted $100 off. In addition, that means the build house cannot afford to have someone manning the phone to give daily progress updates when I need to get a status update on a certain build ticket. There are days when 20 units move out the door and on to a UPS truck, and there are days when only 2 move out the door and onto the UPS truck, hence not being able to have an exact day of shipping all the time, particularly when there is a sale going on and there are more orders coming in.

If people would prefer a much shorter lead time, I can go ahead and drastically increase the pricing on all of our products so we can have enough capital to build up a buffer for the demand. But lets be realistic, the market is only going downward price wise and that clearly won't work causing sales to come to a stop. I have been around long enough to see what happens to brands when they jump their pricing to help pay for things like this.

I apologize for any delay there might have been, but the build house crew is going as fast as possible and I am updating everyone asap. In the end, if there is a demand for a top tier product that is made in the USA priced really low, it is just going to take time to build it and ship it.

Very well said, Aaron. It's the price you have to pay for a quality product at a reasonable price. No company with any sense is going to stock a ton of product with a relatively low return rate. The build time is the price you pay for getting a quality American built sub instead of something Chinese with inferior parts and workmanship.

That's how companies in the USA are.
This isn't the first complaint I've heard about SSA wait time. I've also heard Fi can take forever.

I now have firsthand experience with Incriminator build time. Tantric (if you can even call it a company) sucked too. Fuck murphy
I would imagine SSA takes just as long as FI lol Both are quality products and worth the wait....patience grasshopper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I'm really losing my patience, worst part is they got my money so getting something different isn't an option
I do understand what you mean trust me I do, but that's because I'm just a very very IMPATIENT person. I know it ***** and you feel Messed with and who knows the real truth but I can tell you SSA is an awesome company! The Owner is one of the nicest owners of any company I ever had the pleasure speak to! When all is said and done, and you hear that sub it wont matter anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Plus I wouldn't poke the Bear before you get your product it won't motivate them to move faster //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.