SSA Icon or Sundown SA-12?

SA-12's Do pretty decent on rated power but slip a few extra watts in there of CLEAN power and they come to life. Make sure you have a box built or build one.

As far as the SSA goes I can't speak for them.

Up the budjet and go for the xcon (best of both world sq and spl), you wont be disappointed, do it right the first time.

This is a completely unbalanced comparison.

SA-12

Built En masse in china

600w rated

19mm of xmax

2.5 " coil

Icon

Hand built in Las Vegas, NV by a small group of people with many things sourced from the us

1250w rms rated

21mm of xmax

3" coil

Pretty obvious, the only thing is the obvious price difference. I would pick the GCON over the SA-12 also if you are worried about price.

I've got a single SA-10 in a ported box on 1200w. It stays clean, takes the power well, does plenty of work in my trunk. Though I certainly wouldn't hesitate to run any sub in the SSA line-up.

But they are a very different sub. The Icons are more SQ oriented. The SA are more SPL oriented. Not to say neither will do well in the other field, and a lot of the sound is box dependent. How much power do you have on tap to use, and do you have the full electrical to back it? You might be just fine using the SSA Gcon.

This is a completely unbalanced comparison. SA-12

Built En masse in china

600w rated

19mm of xmax

2.5 " coil

Icon

Hand built in Las Vegas, NV by a small group of people with many things sourced from the us

1250w rms rated

21mm of xmax

3" coil

Pretty obvious, the only thing is the obvious price difference. I would pick the GCON over the SA-12 also if you are worried about price.
Yeah I was leaning towards more of the ICONS from the get-go.

This is a completely unbalanced comparison. SA-12

Built En masse in china

600w rated

19mm of xmax

2.5 " coil

Icon

1250w rms rated

21mm of xmax

3" coil

this is why im considering ssa for my next build

I've got a single SA-10 in a ported box on 1200w. It stays clean, takes the power well, does plenty of work in my trunk. Though I certainly wouldn't hesitate to run any sub in the SSA line-up.But they are a very different sub. The Icons are more SQ oriented. The SA are more SPL oriented. Not to say neither will do well in the other field, and a lot of the sound is box dependent. How much power do you have on tap to use, and do you have the full electrical to back it? You might be just fine using the SSA Gcon.
If I got the Icons I would probably run a 3,000 watt amp to them @ 1 ohms. I will need to do the big 3 though. Actually not quite sure if I will need an extra battery, haven't dealt with more than 2,000 RMS.

If Sundowns then I would have them on the same amp, 2 ohm load though (1500RMS).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.