SSA Gcon and Icon?

JL w6 would be my choice in a sealed enclosure. SSA would be my choice in a ported enclosure. You can do a ported enclosure with the W6, but to my ear the W6 really shines in a sealed alignment. SQ in a daily music setup isn’t the same as competitive SQ. If you like the super low frequencies of hip hop to be accentuated and “hit hard”, go with the SSA in a ported box. If you like heavy metal on one song and Madonna on the next, you might consider the sound of the JL in a sealed box. Less low end boom with a smooth roll off on the low end.

Icon is more in line with a W7 (high output with above average SQ). Both the W6 and GCON are great for daily, especially sealed.

I would never pay MSRP for the W6. Subs like the Adire Audio Brahma, Incriminator Flatlyne, IDQ/IDmax are all arguably better for cheaper

Last edited:
I had two 10in Brahmas and now i have the W6 and prefer it. Wasn't all that impresses with the new version of Brahma, but maybe that's just me

I'd be interested in a legit brahma vs w7 test.

There were alot around when the brahma first launched. Unfortunately the websites those reviews were on have long disappeared. Similar sounding subs. I've always thought the Brahma sounded a little cleaner/transparent especially ported.

Downside to xbl drivers is they really reveal clipping. That was an issue years ago when power wasn't so cheap and you might want to clip the amp. Now with cheap power readily available, just get enough power to avoid clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...