SSA DCON vs Dayton HO vs DC lvl 3

Sealed is the way to go and also Dayton HO will sound the best, will get plenty low. I had one in a sealed for a week to break it in sounded great SQ wise. I needed a little more gain simply because I can't support throwing 700 clean watts at them yet. The more clena power you can send them the louder they will be and can stay clean. I went from sealed to putting 2 of them into a Wicked One (bandpass horn loaded) enclosure has near flat response yet serious gain. Running off an HK602sx at about 45% gain now safely I could maybe go up to 50-60% gain safely with 2 batteries, Once my HO alt gets installed and big 3 finished should be able to add some gain to the amp and stay clean, don't have the electrical now off 2 batts and stock 105amp alt to stay clean that high yet. If you can get them 600-700 watts clean power they will sound loud low clean and fast in a sealed enclosure. I don't think they are beatable price wise. Even at what they're getting though they are very impressive.

Local guy does my boxes. He used to have a shop here in town till the ecomony bs in 03 or somthing. He seems to know his stuff and his finished products are nice, but i am getting port noise.

So you think i should find someone else for my next box? Or since sealed is easy he cant really mess it up lol Check my pics for his work

Sealed is the way to go and also Dayton HO will sound the best, will get plenty low. I had one in a sealed for a week to break it in sounded great SQ wise. I needed a little more gain simply because I can't support throwing 700 clean watts at them yet. The more clena power you can send them the louder they will be and can stay clean. I went from sealed to putting 2 of them into a Wicked One (bandpass horn loaded) enclosure has near flat response yet serious gain. Running off an HK602sx at about 45% gain now safely I could maybe go up to 50-60% gain safely with 2 batteries, Once my HO alt gets installed and big 3 finished should be able to add some gain to the amp and stay clean, don't have the electrical now off 2 batts and stock 105amp alt to stay clean that high yet. If you can get them 600-700 watts clean power they will sound loud low clean and fast in a sealed enclosure. I don't think they are beatable price wise. Even at what they're getting though they are very impressive.
What car do u have? My stock pickup was allowing 750clean from my memphis, havnt checked the RF yet. Just did it by ear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.