SSA DCON vs Dayton HO vs DC lvl 3

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Ive got a local considering buying my sub and box, and so if they jbl is going ive narrowed what i want next down to these.

All subs with be sealed, 12in, and powered by a RF p6002 300x2 @ 2ohms, 600 x 1 @ 4ohms. Will be getting my memphis pr1000.1 repaired next month or so hopfully, could switch to that if sub wants more power later

Ive got about 1.5cu of space to work with, box will be built for sub after purchase. buget is 100-200max

Looking for a sub that does well with SQ, while still gettin decently loud. My jbl ported didnt have a very large freq band it picked up(anything kinda high sounded bad). Like to hear a larger range of notes hit hard.

SSA DCON- 125, wont have to push my amp hard

Dayton HO- 150 at partexpress, have had ppl recommend them to me for SQ W/ some decimals

DC lvl 3- These do well sealed correct? i think a dc sales quoted me 200shipped

Also, is the AQ SDC2.5 anything special sealed?

Have u actually owned/heard a lvl 3 sealed at 1cu? I was hoping not to spend that much but i know it would sound great

Im really wondering if the DCON would be enough to fill my cab, if it was as loud as my JBL now just more musical with a wider range of Fq's that hit ide be very happy

Port noise is starting to drive me crazy! Its not even very loud, some people dont hear it really. But i can, and its driving me up the wall hahahaha Not all songs do it, but it ruins any song that has the Fq's that are making the noise lol

the level 3 is probably the most musical on that list next to the dayton. If you really want to have some balls and get loud also just go with the level 3.

Im not even worried about getting "loud" lol i could care less about if other people here it. I just wanna be able to feel the bass inside my chest while driving lol

Maybe i could get a deal on a lvl 3, im just thinking if the DCON isnt loud enough for me ima be pissed i didnt go DC haha

I haven't heard them, but there is mixed evidence on the HOs. Some say they sound fine sealed if you throw lots of power at them. Others say, they sound best in ported box. The sub reportedly sounds very well. This has been measured by ear and test equipment. Just remember that they're relatively low sensitivity drivers, but you can put them into ridiculously small sealed or ported boxes because of it. I was looking into these as well as Infinity Kappa, ID IDQv3 12, Dayton HF (dual 10, sealed), and Peerless XXLS 12. Eventually, I jumped the gun on Infinity Kappa 120.9w because it seemed to be some kind middle ground in terms of power requirements, box size requirement, excursion capability, and not to mention its low price and the sub cone looks very pretty. It's rated for 350watts RMS, but sounds good being driven by 250watt amplifier. It's well built. I have little doubt it can easily take 600watts RMS because at 350watts, it should be like 6 mm below its xmax capability playing in 20-30Hz region. I don't really know how it compares to the above, but I am quite satisfied with SQ: very clean bass with fairly detailed texture of sound, good integration with midbass. This was apparent right after I switched to it from a RE SRX sub. It can get louder than I need. Enough to rattle things on my trunk, which was supposedly sound proofed.

If you don't want to run that much power the dayton hf is a good lower power option. If you want sq the dayton is the best on the list and they will get loud. That hsu sub in the classified is also a very good sq sub. The older mb quart rwe and pwe subs are also good for sq and get very loud, the rwe plays low, down to 18hz wich is almost unheard of now. Dc subs are more geared towards spl than sq. The dcon from what i read prefers a ported enclosure .

well the reason i want to go sealed is becuase i could fit a 12 vs a 10, and the port noise im gettting drives me insane. Its not present on all songs, but when it is i have to change the song lol. U think i need something different then a slot port or should i go sealed?

In my opinion if sealed will get loud enough for your taste then there is no good reason not to go sealed. Much easier to design and a lot more forgiving . If you decide to swap subs down the road you might not necessarily need a new enclosure whereas with ported some subs could be really picky about what the like. Also gets rid of the port noise dilemma completely and I think you would more easily find the wider range of bass you are looking for with a sealed enclosure

In my opinion if sealed will get loud enough for your taste then there is no good reason not to go sealed. Much easier to design and a lot more forgiving . If you decide to swap subs down the road you might not necessarily need a new enclosure whereas with ported some subs could be really picky about what the like. Also gets rid of the port noise dilemma completely and I think you would more easily find the wider range of bass you are looking for with a sealed enclosure
Hm well thats what i was thinking //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Im glad someone confirmed by thoughts. Im really considering the Dayton HO, even though its rated for 700 and i only have 600 to throw at it. I know it likes a VERY small box, anyone ever ran a sealed Dayton HO? Box suggestions? Also gunna see what deals DC can give me.

No one had suggest them to me as a sealed sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thank u sir I will look into them. Didnt know TC sounded good sealed

Any suggestions on the 12in sealed? It looks bitchin

No one had suggest them to me as a sealed sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thank u sir I will look into them. Didnt know TC sounded good sealed
TC subs are all around good and clean sounding drivers. I run my TC2+ Evo in a 1.1 cube sealed enclosure and its great.

I run 2 of the daytons ported (see sig) and I love them musically, they get decently loud on my amp. I put em on a friends amp for a few mins the other day (about 750rms per sub) and they got pretty nasty but I dont think I'd give them that much power daily. For SQ purposes, the only sub I've had better SQ wise was my Old School JL12w6. As far as getting loud and sounding good, DC level 3 would be my choice. But if your main goal is SQ, the dayton will be great. Plus they love small sealed boxes! my box is 2cubes before all displacements. Its effin tiny bro and low-lows are no issue suprisingly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.