SSA DCON vs Dayton HO vs DC lvl 3

"Fast paced bass" has nothing at all to do with speaker size. The music you are listening to could have been recorded off of a mic'd 10, 15, 18, straight to the board, etc. Speaker size has nothing at all to do with speed of response.
ive had people tell me if does and dosnt. Just wanted to double check, i knew with our venue systems it didnt make a ****

well i can get a lvl 3 for 200, the tc is 193.....

Local guy does my boxes, so i guess the only remaining question i have is how big a difference in output is the DC gunna give me vs the TC. Theres only a $7 difference lol

Although with my rms my FR is putting out, i think the TC will do better. Since im sure its underrated, i dont think my 600 @ 4 will be as much as the DC wants. Although im not seeing steady box sizes to use. Anyone got an idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
well i can get a lvl 3 for 200, the tc is 193.....
Local guy does my boxes, so i guess the only remaining question i have is how big a difference in output is the DC gunna give me vs the TC. Theres only a $7 difference lol

Although with my rms my FR is putting out, i think the TC will do better. Since im sure its underrated, i dont think my 600 @ 4 will be as much as the DC wants
IIRC, the lvl 3 is rated at 600rms. I think its a good match to your amp. As far as both sealed I'm not sure which will get louder....but ported, Id go with the DC hands down

Well i really want to go sealed just for peace of mind(i wanted sealed on my JBL, didnt plan on changing subs so soon lol but im not happy with the SQ)

Plus theres more support with the DC subs, several reps here who know box sizes ect.... If i can find someone will to sell a new one for 180 ill snatch it, gotta wait on this guy to get paid before he can pay me though lol

So DC wont have anyone lvl 3's for 45days..... Anyone know someone hiding a d2 somewhere? lol

So it seems dragon has sold me on the TC sounds epic, time for some true SQ baby

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got a local considering buying my sub and box, and so if they jbl is going ive narrowed what i want next down to these.
All subs with be sealed, 12in, and powered by a RF p6002 300x2 @ 2ohms, 600 x 1 @ 4ohms. Will be getting my memphis pr1000.1 repaired next month or so hopfully, could switch to that if sub wants more power later

Ive got about 1.5cu of space to work with, box will be built for sub after purchase. buget is 100-200max

Looking for a sub that does well with SQ, while still gettin decently loud. My jbl ported didnt have a very large freq band it picked up(anything kinda high sounded bad). Like to hear a larger range of notes hit hard.

SSA DCON- 125, wont have to push my amp hard

Dayton HO- 150 at partexpress, have had ppl recommend them to me for SQ W/ some decimals

DC lvl 3- These do well sealed correct? i think a dc sales quoted me 200shipped

Also, is the AQ SDC2.5 anything special sealed?
decibels*

The funny thing about this topic is the real issue was not addressed, people are more worried about suggesting which sub they think is better. Where the issue is the OP is not happy about port noise. So why people are not saying, hey let's look at the box design to correct that issue first is confusing to me.

The funny thing about this topic is the real issue was not addressed, people are more worried about suggesting which sub they think is better. Where the issue is the OP is not happy about port noise. So why people are not saying, hey let's look at the box design to correct that issue first is confusing to me.
Becuase i had many people tell me not to do port since my head is 12ins away from the box, loads of single cab pickup drivers tell me port noise drove them crazy too. PLus my gf cant even hear it >.> its just a slight "flap" but its driving me insane. So im actually looking for a good sealed 12, not a new box. A local is suppose to be buying if for 300(box and sub), wouldnt u just redo it all? hahahha Plus ide really like punchyer, more defined bass. the JBL specs's strongly support a ported enclosure, or least thats what i was told. By more then one person, including my builder and DonH from these forms

Have you tested all three?
I have not heard any of them, thats the reason for posting. If i had tested them i really would need anyone elses opinion would i

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

I would have went with the ssa dcon.
Still a possibility, havnt decided on anything positively yet

Becuase i had many people tell me not to do port since my head is 12ins away from the box, loads of single cab pickup drivers tell me port noise drove them crazy too. PLus my gf cant even hear it >.> its just a slight "flap" but its driving me insane. So im actually looking for a good sealed 12, not a new box. A local is suppose to be buying if for 300(box and sub), wouldnt u just redo it all? hahahha Plus ide really like punchyer, more defined bass. the JBL specs's strongly support a ported enclosure, or least thats what i was told. By more then one person, including my builder and DonH from these forms
What I am getting at, is in a proper enclosure designed for the specific sub woofer and it's intended use, you really should not have any port noise at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.