Square Kicker or Classic Round

Seal towards the larger end of what is rec. by Kicker. I have found the L7 to have a real punch in the upper bass area if the box is med to small. Throw in some polyfill as well.

true, but here is my take on what I think he meant. Each person has his own determination what sounds good to them. While 'dictionary' terminology will remain what SQ really means, I bet 90% of the kids listing to their system do not go by the true text book definition of SQ. If you look at the settings on the HU on EQ, this will prove so. But when I see so many people post that they have a 2000 watt amp and two 15's in a ported box and want SQ, then they want SQ for 'their' purpose. Not really text book SQ, but what sounds great to him/her.
Not debating what you mean, because I agree, and know what you mean. SQ is if the system can reproduce the recordings as accurate as possible, with great stage and depth, with the center stage dead on.

Problem is, not many garage installs spend that kinda time or resources.

So in all, the majority will have self SQ taste. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

All good points. To be honest I think what you said about 90% of the kids on the the forum also represents atleast 90% of the today's younger audio addicts in the world. Most of them do NOT know what true SQ is because they have never heard it, therefore they don't know how to listen for it. Everything is about how many MP3s you can cram on a disc or how bright the display is on the HU these days. Its all about BANG for the buck. Not that this premise can't be fun because it is, but its NOT true SQ by any sense of the word. The truth is I reference my car audio off of my HOME system and even though I love the sound of my home system its NO match for most high end SQ home systems.

end rant.

Polecat, any clue how folks on ebay are already selling the stuff? I'd assume kicker wouldnt allow onlines sales so quickly for the new stuff, or do they? Where can I get specs on the new subs? I saw some for the cvx but the l7 l5 etc are specs from the oldest models //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

P.S. I really hate you guys...thought I knew what subs I was gonna run, now I dunno again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.