Square Kicker or Classic Round

Doesnt kicker state that since its a "SQUARE" it has more displacement, therefore the square one being louder.

Agreed, I would never own a square woofer. They sound like poo poo.
thats only if you have no idea how to install stereo equipment correctly.

the new L7's CAN sound good in the right enclosure and correct implemenation. and the old round ones can sound great too. id go with the new ones simply because you can have a warranty and have them replaced if anything bad happened to them.

thats only if you have no idea how to install stereo equipment correctly.
the new L7's CAN sound good in the right enclosure and correct implemenation. and the old round ones can sound great too. id go with the new ones simply because you can have a warranty and have them replaced if anything bad happened to them.
You can take the best installer in the world and have him install both round and square in the optimum enclosure for each and the round will own the square one. Nuff said. Everyone knows the square solos were made to get loud........and thats it.

The squares didnt do it for me.....

I tried it in many applications, sealed and ported. It sounded bad. It wouldnt blend well. The square got loud, but thats it.

Round Kickers, in the other hand, have excellent SQ. They can get loud, but I feel like they are more suitable for sealed enclosures.

but to each his own, Im just stating my opinion.

im not saying that the round ones dont sound great, because they do. but they have very thin surrounds and are usually rather old, lending to being abused ect.

i would just go with somthing else all together tbh. but thats just me.

The squares didnt do it for me.....
I tried it in many applications, sealed and ported. It sounded bad. It wouldnt blend well. The square got loud, but thats it.

Round Kickers, in the other hand, have excellent SQ. They can get loud, but I feel like they are more suitable for sealed enclosures.

but to each his own, Im just stating my opinion.

The original round solo barics were designed to be used in a small sealed enclosure. Which is why they had great SQ.

im not saying that the round ones dont sound great, because they do. but they have very thin surrounds and are usually rather old, lending to being abused ect.
i would just go with somthing else all together tbh. but thats just me.
I see what you're saying now. I just couldn't see going with anything square when they're meant to only get loud. Too bad Kicker didn't keep making the round solo barics as well.

You can take the best installer in the world and have him install both round and square in the optimum enclosure for each and the round will own the square one. Nuff said. Everyone knows the square solos were made to get loud........and thats it.

Then why did someone win a SQ competition with a square solo?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.