SQL subwoofer reqs - looking for cone size, rms power, and model/brand suggestions

nefariouscaine
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i'll be quick about this i guess...

looking at either going with 2 10's, a single 12 or a single 15

I mainly play hard, fast paced electronic music with very intense sub bass and driven bass lines with long note extensions - grime dubstep, breakcore, d'n'b, etc

At the moment i'll have around 1500w rms at 1ohm to play with

Might be getting custom subs built by a member here, might have a custom adire brahma built or go to stock specs on it (got a line on someone with new brahma motors), might buy something used or might go new. More then likely I'm gonna go custom to some extent or buy used.

budget is approx 200 give or take for the driver(s)

prolly gonna go ported and with trunk space should be able to do 2-4 cft - might go ported but db loss is a concern vs ported

i'm new to this so if there are flush threads i can read please point me in that direction - i've played with an Alpine Type X and loved it (wished i still had it), a RF t2, and currently use an RE SE-XXX

ask me any questions - leave me your suggestions and advice

if you're selling PM me offers

1 DC level 4xl. But you are gonna get the same advce as every other post about this. Pretty sure there are like 3-4 just on this first page of threads.

search button
Been searching and still an searching. I'll throw up my list of ones i'm thinking about now when i get home but i see many different things honestly. Alot of the same stuff most of the time.

Everyone so far thanks for in

ok

here is small list in no order what so ever

fi q / sundown z15 / still lookin at the type X and might have found one for decent $ local / adire brahma / id max / something custom with a 3hp motor / SSA ICON (or maybe a DCON...) / if i can find one used cheap enough maybe a Death Row

i'll be quick about this i guess...
looking at either going with 2 10's, a single 12 or a single 15

I mainly play hard, fast paced electronic music with very intense sub bass and driven bass lines with long note extensions - grime dubstep, breakcore, d'n'b, etc

At the moment i'll have around 1500w rms at 1ohm to play with

Might be getting custom subs built by a member here, might have a custom adire brahma built or go to stock specs on it (got a line on someone with new brahma motors), might buy something used or might go new. More then likely I'm gonna go custom to some extent or buy used.

budget is approx 200 give or take for the driver(s)

prolly gonna go ported and with trunk space should be able to do 2-4 cft - might go ported but db loss is a concern vs ported

i'm new to this so if there are flush threads i can read please point me in that direction - i've played with an Alpine Type X and loved it (wished i still had it), a RF t2, and currently use an RE SE-XXX

ask me any questions - leave me your suggestions and advice

if you're selling PM me offers
you listen to electronica and want to go ported? this makes me sad in the pants. If you want quick, tight bass i think you'd be better served with a sealed enclosure. Unless you plan to build a 4th order enclosure, sealed will give tighter, quicker bass. If you're looking for a 3-5dB gain at a particular frequency, then ported is what you'll want.

you listen to electronica and want to go ported? this makes me sad in the pants. If you want quick, tight bass i think you'd be better served with a sealed enclosure. Unless you plan to build a 4th order enclosure, sealed will give tighter, quicker bass. If you're looking for a 3-5dB gain at a particular frequency, then ported is what you'll want.

NO.

Why does this idea never die, even when proven wrong about 15 times a month?

NO.
Why does this idea never die, even when proven wrong about 15 times a month?
um... quick tight bass... sure sounds great... electronica... not so much... you ever listen to grime or sub bass dubstep? not sure if you're thinking i'm listening to techno or house but this ain't your grand pappies 4/4 melodic trance

this stuff is sweeping notes, constant drives, crunchy reverbed reversing lfo's of a different order

download and burn - 16bit - The Milky Pie Mix - listen to it all the way through and thats a fabulous example of what I'll be playing

looking at the z15 after some other suggestions and possibility of getting 2 12" type R's cause they're so ****ed cheap around here used

for you OP you buy funky pup nao its all your logic and intelligence clear you to use
GTFO with those funky pups

at least bag me with something not so blatant gibberish and trolling

i'm gonna start suggesting those to all the homies i see in compton 2 or 3 times a week and see how much i can flood the ghetto with those dank awesome subs

I was merely pointing out his misconceptions on driver "speed" which isn't really a function of the enclosure, as much as it is with proper install/tuning/adjustments where necessary.

And to be honest, the driver it self is going to play a large roll in perceived "speed," and by that I mean transient response. For this, a driver with low inductance is necessary IMO. I'm sure some will disagree but that's my $.02 worth

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.