Sq sub elima

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alright guys I'm doing a new build with either 2 sq hds300 12s or a hdc3 15. either setup will be on an american bass vfl 4480 @ 1ohm, so 2200 watts. box for the 12s would be 5 cubes after displacements, and the 15 would be 4.6 cubes. any input would be great.

@NASTY08IMPALA ; i know you like sq, what do you think?

Idk a lot about sq but 2200 and 4.6 cubes for that 15 seems like a bit much I would be cautious I think it might get a lil stinky. It's a daily setup right?

Idk a lot about sq but 2200 and 4.6 cubes for that 15 seems like a bit much I would be cautious I think it might get a lil stinky. It's a daily setup right?
A HDC3 can take 2200 easy. And their website recommends up to 6 cubes for a 15.

SQ's like bigger boxes.. 4.6 is a big box though, it's likely to be pretty loud and peaky near tuning. That might actually help him if he ends up running into mechanical issues before thermal ones.. Generally it's harder to fry a coil when your box is bigger, but easier to tear softparts obviously.

I like a pair of 12s over a 15 anyday...not that the hdc3 cant take that power ..it can all day everyday..and that box size is right up the hdc3 alley ..they love to breathe..but id still go with the 12s in 5 cubes tuned mid 30.s

I like a pair of 12s over a 15 anyday...not that the hdc3 cant take that power ..it can all day everyday..and that box size is right up the hdc3 alley ..they love to breathe..but id still go with the 12s in 5 cubes tuned mid 30.s
I agree with this assuming budget isn't an issue.. 12's will reduce excursion and heat issues quite a bit, while giving a bit more output overall. It also costs nearly 2x as much though. For budget minded builds a single 15 is how I almost always have people go..

I agree with this assuming budget isn't an issue.. 12's will reduce excursion and heat issues quite a bit, while giving a bit more output overall. It also costs nearly 2x as much though. For budget minded builds a single 15 is how I almost always have people go..
Actually i think a pair of hds300s is only about 50 bucks more than a single hdc3

NVM FORGOT IT WAS A 15 ..PAIR OF HDS300 AND 1 HDC3 COST THE SAME 280

Actually i think a pair of hds300s is only about 50 bucks more than a single hdc3
NVM FORGOT IT WAS A 15 ..PAIR OF HDS300 AND 1 HDC3 COST THE SAME 280
yeah both are the same price which is why iconsidered the hdc, didn't know if the quality would make up for the difference in cone area

[quote name='bmk6795']yeah both are the same price which is why iconsidered the hdc, didn't know if the quality would make up for the difference in cone area[/QUOTE]

Id def go with the 12s and get @Buck; to design u a box

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']Id def go with the 12s and get @Buck; to design u a box[/QUOTE]

i may get him to, I've designed and built about 5 boxes now and they've turned out nice so i might do it myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.