SQ of xm/sirius compare to cd's?

FM radio is closer to CD quality than satellite radio

satellite radio's perks are availability and # of stations, not quality

the government kinda screwed satellite radio over by limiting it to a tiny ass bandwidth. they could improve the quality immensely if they didn't insist on having 8,000 crappy stations, and just had 20-30 cd quality stations that played music people actually want to hear, or if xm and sirius joined together and shared bandwidth

looking around on the internet a bit i see both are claiming cd quality and "digital" quality (whatever the hell that means) sound. are they full of ****?

it varies alot from station to station, but no way the best is even close to CD or a high bit rate mp3. It sounds flat to me. But its something to listein to.

If you're just looking for a way of listening to new music, without buying CDs, it's alright.

If you want something high quality to listen to, then it's not for you.

Like I said, it gets the job done, but it doesn't do it well. I'm partly satisfied with mine, but I'm far from a SQ set up.

that *****, mp3's just sound horrible to me these days and i've been spending a fortune on cd's.

it should easily own a 196k mp3 right?

i doubt it. have you tried using lossless codecs when ripping your cd's? or downloading from higherquality sources such as oink?

you'll need an invite. let me know if you're serious about it and i'll set you up.

and no people, please do not flood my inbox asking for invites. i only have a few.

pm me your email. and when i get back to my house i'll send you one. you're also going to need a torrent client. i highly recommend 'utorrent'.

i'm serious about it. although i'm guessing its a trade thing and while i have quite a few mp3's, not many are decent quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.