cuttin into cab and truckbed for bigger box??

Participant count
  • Participant list

snfsh79077
10+ year member

Ladie's like my pole
ive been contemplating whether i wanna do it or not. one think i was thinking about is protecting the box from then outside. i was just going to rino line it and put gaskets so water wont get in. but i thought about making a skin out of sheet metal. if i welded a skin that the box would fit snug or a lil loose into and then took the skin and welded it to the truck so it would look like i had a cubbie hole behind the seat instead of a whole and put the box in that. how would that work out. has anyone done anything similar?

yea, you use the boot. the easiest and cleanest way, not the most cost effective though is a tonaue (SP??) cover. like homeboy above said, you would use the boot to seal the holes and gap. if you have a newer truck, ext cab, or anything you care about resale value of, dont do a cut-through.

Check out the link in my sig for my cut-through system.

If you plan on doing this then you will need to use an accordian boot. Just like bri487 said look for it when you are going to purchase your bed cover. They should sell it there.

Oh yeah it'll ruin the resell value of your truck if you ever decide to sell it. I personally didn't care too much about that because I really like my Tacoma...and its paid off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

NOTE: I would only buy either a SnugTop or an A.R.E tonneau cover. Before I did a cut-through I bought a LoRider bed cover and it leaked really bad. I was better off not even buying one. I believe they are made by Leer, and they do shard the same design and same problems since I had a few friends buy that brand.

My bed was already rhino-lined so I didn't have to worry about it. Rhino-lining won't help keep water out or protect your enclosure. The reason why it won't protecth the enclosure is because you have to leave the screws exposed if you ever plan on servicing the enclosure. If you don't then care about that then just ignore what I said about the protection and spray that bad boy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.