SQ HDC3 15 or FI SSD 15 in wall

Bjames0721
10+ year member

IL
I'm stuck between the SQ HDC3 15s and the FI SSD 15s. The build is going to be 4 15s walled. Its in a friend's vehicle and he is pretty much letting me do whatever I want. I can get each sub in about 4 cubes after all displacements maybe a little more. It will be powered with a single Arc 4k for now and possibly adding another one down the line. I'm looking for more of a demo over straight up numbers. Looking for clean lows. I have used different FI subs and I'm always happy with the results but since the cost is about the same after getting the options I want I have to consider the HDC3s. Any thoughts or comments to help me choose? Also, I'm open to other options if you have them. But i need to keep it around $1100 total for sub. Thanks in advance.

The HDC3 will shit all over the SSD, there really isn't any other way of putting it lol. The HDC3's can produce some serious output and they don't mind taking power either. I ran a HDC3 18 off an AQ2200 @ 0.5 daily for a few months and it took every bit of it just fine.

HDC3s. Have a pair of 18s a 7k(gains lowered), they take it fine and sound great. Before that had an hdc315 before that and that sounded way better and way louder than my old fiQ 15 ever could dream of.

I'm glad HDC3 is ahead I was wanting to try them out. My buddy knows I use FI a lot and he was pushing the SSD. I found some reviews saying the HD3s are "hollow" sounding and not very clean so that had me second guessing it. Since its one of my friend's I really wanted to give him the best I could.

I'm glad HDC3 is ahead I was wanting to try them out. My buddy knows I use FI a lot and he was pushing the SSD. I found some reviews saying the HD3s are "hollow" sounding and not very clean so that had me second guessing it. Since its one of my friend's I really wanted to give him the best I could.
this happens when tuned to its normal frequency at 38hz or higher.

It can produce lows.

On the 15's and 18's it reduces that hollow sound from what i noticed.

After reading your thread i have decided to get 4 hdc3 18's.

tune around 35 hz. A lot of people tune to 40hz with these subs because of the stiff suspension, it'll still reach the low notes if you do tune to 40hz but definitely sounds better being tuned a bit lower. However for your goals, go with a tantric sounds hd they are more clean low end SQ oriented while still getting loud, they cost a bit more than an hdc3.

If you like the Fi product, why not get a pair of 18" SP4's? They're only 500$ a whack and could certainly hang with 4K on the pair. You didn't mention the vehicle, but pair of 18's will be a lot easier to make sure you have adequate box and port volume and to have enough space on a flat baffle.

It is in a Monte Carlo. He wanted as much cone area as possible. Plus one of my old setups was 2 18 BTLs and I think he is wanting to do his own setup.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Mattoon/Charleston Area. I'm sure we can do that. After all it is supposed to be for demos.

We will have to get together when they are done. Although, you will probably finish before me. What are you building?

Two DDZ's on a Taramps 20k amp

IMG_20150620_213521_842_zpsgffxxk1u.jpg

IMG_20150620_213556_711_zpslwh6o8le.jpg

ResizedImage_1434854624197_zpsafz1d8mu.jpg

attachment.php

I'll PM you my number

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.