Splitting RCA from head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

danielnews

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hi all,

Newb here. I'm drawing up a diagram for a couple amps and a sub I was given. My amp wattage is not ideal but until I can get the amp I want I'd like to use what I have.

Only one of the amps I'm using has RCA outputs, which is the amp I am using to power the sub (AVIONIXX 1220). The other amp has speaker outs but I'll be using all 4 to power the 4 speakers. So basically I'm wondering the best way to chain them together. Or would splitting RCA be better? Would you:

1) Split the RCA from the head unit and run the separate RCAs to each amp, or
2) Run the RCA to the sub amp first to take advantage of the RCA output on this unit?

Is there any issue with running the signal through the sub amp first?

I'm attaching my wiring diagram so far. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Any help is appreciated. Head unit only has one set of RCA's. Thanks!

Pic of your radio/HU.. Model # and brand

Thanks again for your help. Head unit is a JVC KS-RX518 tape/radio/aux. deck. Sure to annoy some heads in here... I like the sound of tape though... I plug a bluetooth transponder into the 3.5mm 'walkman' in so I'm covered in that direction too, heh. Needless to say head unit amp carries very little power. Here are photos of unit and relevant info.

RCA outputs on amps are just splitters, unless marked otherwise. Diagram is good. That 1220s 620x1 @2 Ohms is not bad at all. I doubt more power will be needed. Just mind how you wire the sub to it.

Thanks! Err maybe I have my lingo wrong. Yeah, there's just a L/R RCA out the back. Still a bit in the dark about the sub wiring. I thought I was to wire it to 4 ohms...

Some subs have 2 voice coils, so wiring it to get the most out of an amp or to protect it, is a matter of technique. Since the diagram says the sub is 300-1000 watts, I assumed dual voice coil.

Yeah! It is a DVC sub. I was wondering about that, if I could wire the two channels of the amp separately into the sub. I was looking at this:

Thanks! Err maybe I have my lingo wrong. Yeah, there's just a L/R RCA out the back. Still a bit in the dark about the sub wiring. I thought I was to wire it to 4 ohms...
I just saw your other post. Since the sub is dual 2 Ohms, wire each voice coil to an output on the Avionixx (2 channel mode). Do not worry, the amp is 2 Ohms stable in stereo so it will be fine. That is the best option fir the mist power out if it. Remember to remove that little jumper from the sub's terminals.

I just saw your other post. Since the sub is dual 2 Ohms, wire each voice coil to an output on the Avionixx (2 channel mode). Do not worry, the amp is 2 Ohms stable in stereo so it will be fine. That is the best option fir the mist power out if it. Remember to remove that little jumper from the sub's terminals.

Sweet!! That works out well. I appreciate it. Nice to know I may not need to get a new amp after all.

Like so yeah?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...