SPL question

Participant count
  • Participant list

derekls
10+ year member

what would a 12 inch MTX 8000 series 2002 model, it in a truck box with 1.25 cu ft. box vol. and it in a 2000 S10 reg. cab. and its hooked up to a PPI 2360 amp(its pushing atillte ove 400 watts to the 12) WHAT would be my SPL rating you think ??(orhow can i find out) .. and would i have ne chance in comp. thanks

The only way to tell what you'd hit would be to hook it up and find out...way too many factors figure in. Sealed or ported encloser? (I assume sealed because of smaller box) You gonna use some dynamat? What type of head unit you got? (higher voltage output makes it possible to turn the gain higher on the sub and still get a clear signal), if you are using a ported box, what will it be tuned to?

Good luck and I hope this helps!

JELLYDIME

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.