spl help

Participant count
  • Participant list

cooldrmoney
10+ year member

canada
ok i have been into the car audio, for only a short time, about 7 months

I have learnt a lot since then.

I have trouble understanding, what spl is, and how I can win spl comps.

I own some equipment that I think is good but I still don't know how to increase my spl level.

You want to win SPL competitions? You need equipment dedicated to SPL cometition then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif You can generally increase your SPL by having a huge box and a ton of power...the box needs to be built to perfection.

What is the equipment you have right now? If you have a sealed box, maybe you can build a ported box and it will increase your SPL. Or sell them(and your amp(s)) and start again with a system dedicated to SPL.

What do you want? An all out SPL vehicle? Or a very loud vehicle that you can play music on?

- Steve

I want an spl system only, even if its just a hu, amps, and subs. I don't know if I need any other x overs or line drivers or what ever else I may not know of.

My cd player is an Alpine, 60 x 4, it has 3 rca plugs, i think they are 4v

I have two amps both Audiobahn: (A18001DQ), (A2300HCQ)

I also have 4 12" Audiobahn subs: (AW1206Q)

I have two caps, actually four, because each two are attached together. they are Audiobahn: (ACAP10Q)

I don't have any more wires, of any kind, I sold them to a friend. No rca's, no power, no remote, etc. I am going to buy the best of every wire, I can find.

I have sealed boxes that came with both sets of subs, two subs per box with seperate chambers, I don't know the volume of air space. I want to build new boxes.

What other equipment do you think I would need?

What type of boxes do you recomend?

What type (gauge,brand) of wires should I use, and I mean EVERY wire?

What about fuses?

I normally take my **** to a audio dealer and have them hook it up but, this time I have a good friend who will do it, but I need to buy every thing first.

Oh yeah, all this is going into a 1993 Chev. Suburban. I think I am going to get some body to hook it up with 2 alts. about 200amps each. Plus batteries.

Alright, first off thats a decent system and should be fairly loud right now right? If you built a ported box they are going to be louder, but not as loud as equipment dedicated to SPL competition. Remember, if you want to build a SPL competition vehicle, you cannot use it for daily driving...it would be for burps only, dont attempt to play music through it.

http://www.shockeraudio.com The 3's or the Xtremes

http://www.edesignaudio.com The SP

http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio The RFL

Build a nice wall in your Sub and let it house a dedicated SPL sub or two...take a look at those sites and then you can see if your amps are sufficient.

- Steve

MTX's or Kicker's van....crazy:eek: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.