amp at 1 0hm

Participant count
  • Participant list

cooldrmoney
10+ year member

canada
I have a Audiobahn amp (A2300HCQ), I tried to learn how to wire but put that on hold, now a friend does it for me. I want to keep running my amp at 1 ohm, right now I have 4 subs, but can only run two of them at a time, he says that if I want to run more subs and stay at 1 ohm I will have two hook up with 6 subs.

My subs are audiobahns (AW1206Q), they are to be run at 2 ohm or 8 ohm.

Do I really need 6 subs to get to 1 0hm, is there any way I can run just 4 of them off my bahn amp?

Youd either need to get more subs or another amp to run it at 1 ohm. If i were you, id just save up for another amp, and just keep 2 of the subs hooked up for now, cuz 2 of those subs wired in parallel is a 1 ohm load.

Yes they are 4 ohm dvc.

Wiring two of these subs in parallel will be 1 0hm

Wiring 8 of these subs in series will be 1 0hm

Is that correct?

What amp should I use? My mono d class(1800x1@1ohm) or

my highcurrent 2 ch.(2400x1@1ohm).

I want the highest spl level each amp can produce with any number of these subs.

I there any other configuration I can use with out going below 1 ohm.

****!

I just looked into the Audiobahn official website http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/Audiobahn2002subspecs.pdf

and its says that my subs are 3 ohms, what the hell.

Look into this site and see for your self,

AW1206Q they should be on page two, but then how did my friend wire two of them to my d class amp, that would mean I was running my amp at .75 ohms.

.75 ohms and my amp didn't blow up, but then again I maybe wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.