Speakers Too Soft

awsamia
10+ year member

Houston
My JL XR650-cs's seem very soft compared to friends cars even with stock speakers. Turning the volume up all the way on my headunit doesn't cause any distortion but I don't feel like it's doing what I want. Would you recommend getting new speakers? I'm very dissapointed in these. Or should I put in some rear-fills to make the system louder.

that amp is 50x4. run the 2 front channels to the mid input on the crossover. then run the rear 2 channels to the tweet input on the crossover. switch the little jumper to bi or biwire or biamp, don't recall what it's labeled as. then see how it does. what is the crossover set at? turn it down to about 60hz and they'll spank //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

By saying too soft I get two ideas. One is there just isnt enough volume and two is lack of frequency response.Like Gsteg said, we could use a little more information as if its just volume or frequency related.

Sorry for not being clear. By soft I meant volume. It takes the volume on my HU to be turned up to 40 in order for the volume to be anywhere close to loud. And the highest the HU goes is 50. Being in friends cars with systems, they turn their HU up only about halfway and it's blastin.

I don't know what the gains or anything are set at but my install was done by a very reputable installer and I'm sure he did them right.

I do know that he bridged the amp to 2 channels and has one on each crossover.

I highly doubt it's the install. This guy does great work and MoeLester and NizAsianMonk can vouch for that.

Could it be that the amp is not enough?

hrm..4ohm mono, that amp should be doing a bit over 140w per channel at most.

Check the polarity on the mids. See if they are out of phase or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.