Speakers start screeching a few minutes after turned on

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thugzord

I have an android 7inch double din deck, 2 alpine type R 10inch and a zues amp from hifonics. For over a year everything was working correctly, then about two months ago, after about 5 minutes of listening to any audio mode, the speakers start screeching softly to loudly and don't ever stop untill the system is turned off. Music is still coming through but the screeching is intolerable. Please help!!!!!

Sometimes an internal fault with the head unit will cause this. I lost a couple midranges to a head unit failing like this. Also if RCA cable is pinched somewhere and shorting to ground you can have similar experience.

Tore it all down, put it all back together, grounds are making good contact, RCAs seem fine, not pinched or loose. But the problem is still happening. Its weird too, on a hot day, the screeching happens much sooner than if its really cold out. I've been dealing with no tunes for months now and I'm loosing my mind. I'm about to replace the head unit but I've been trying to avoid that. If I do replace it, any suggestions under 400 dollars?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.