Speakers pop when head unit or car is shut off.

Participant count
  • Participant list
You don't have enough delay time from your HU in regards to supplying power. This might help fixing that

Product Description

Combines multiple features into one SKU covering more than 16 different applications including low voltage trigger, Alpine video bypass, latching output, double pulse output, pulse extender, linear actuator controller, channel splitter and more!

Product Features

Low voltage trigger

Alpine video bypass

Latching outputs

Double pulse output

Pulse extender

Linear actuator controller

Door lock pulse generator

Channel splitter

3 in 1 timer outputs

Pulses to timed output

Turn on pop delay

Delayed amp turn off

if the speakers are powered by the head unit directly then the problem is in the head unit. disconnect the RCA's and see if the problem persists. if it persists, replace the head unit. if it goes away then you have a grounding issue with your RCA's and they should be replaced (or tested for continuity of both shields).

i've seen head units make noise on on/off when RCA's had disconnected shields - but usually only through other RCA outputs.

the internal amp is a single unit that does everything - it too can fail, or other components associated with it can fail (caps or resistors).

Didn't help. Hooked to good ground. New speakers. Nothing
Sorry to hear the PAC TR7 didn't help at all. Did they ship it overnight or were you able to find one locally? You mentioned looking for a cheaper solution and went ahead buying new speakers instead, too bad that didn't work either.

I've been there's there's a speaker or remote wire shorting out

I'll get back there and try it again.

It shouldn't be my head unit. When this was professionally installed I had no problems. I rewired my door speakers to my head unit and this started

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.