Speakers not pushing enough power.

Participant count
  • Participant list

2006yukondenali

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello. I have a 2006 gmc yukon denali that I hooked up 3 p.a. speakers to. They sound really good but they are not loud enough. The speakers are old school 1300w realistic super powerhorn p.a. speakers. The head unit is an Atoto A6, and the amp i am using is a boss 1100w single channel amp (not the best, I know but its what I had laying around). Anyways, the quality of sound is really good but they just seem quiet compared to what they normally are. I know they can be louder because I plug my phone directly into the amp and they scream, but when hooked up to my head unit they get a lot quieter. What I'm wondering is what is the difference, and how do I get the radio to sound like my phone. Any help will be appreciated, thank you in advance.

If they get louder while using your phone over the headunit then it's a headunit RCA voltage problem. I have no experience with that headunit but from what they say it has 4 volt rca outputs. There could be a setting on the headunit to raise RCA output level.

The dyno video for that amp shows it did 200 watts at 2 ohms. Three 8 ohm powerhorns would be a 2.67 ohms so even less power.

On the amp do you have the sensitivity switch at "2-8 volt" sensitivity setting or "100mv-2v"?

If they get louder while using your phone over the headunit then it's a headunit RCA voltage problem. I have no experience with that headunit but from what they say it has 4 volt rca outputs. There could be a setting on the headunit to raise RCA output level.

The dyno video for that amp shows it did 200 watts at 2 ohms. Three 8 ohm powerhorns would be a 2.67 ohms so even less power.

On the amp do you have the sensitivity switch at "2-8 volt" sensitivity setting or "100mv-2v"?
i can't remember exactly, but i believe 2-8 volt. all i remember is if i switch it to the other one it gets REALLY quiet. and im not by it to see if it has a rca output level, but will look later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...