Speakers making loud pop sound after amp install

Participant count
  • Participant list

peachpuff

Eh
Just installed a pioneer 8604 amp, when i turn the key to acc every things fine, but when i start the car all the speakers make a loud pop sound. However if the car is off and i quickly start the car before the headunit turns on there's no noise, does this have something to do with the headunit turning on the amp too quickly when going from acc to starting the car?

Would something like this solve the issue? https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18693_PAC-TR-4.html

I could just quickly start the car to avoid the noise but it is a bit annoying with a new amp, my 20 year old cadence amp didn't have this issue.

So i disconnected the radio from the amp and the loud pop is gone, i connected one rca and the noise is back, so it doesn't seem like its the amp but the headunit. Strange that it wasn't happening with my previous amp.

Some amps are just real picky if not grounded really well, or that amps on/of switch on the board may have little to no delay.Its always safe to turn the stereo/system/amplifier/amplifiers OFF when not in use before turning off the vehicle.Its always much safer to turn the stereo/system/amplifier/amplifiers ON after the vehicle is operating.Turning the Stereo/system/amplifier/amplifiers On then turning the vehicle on will give the amplifier No delay and thus upon continuance will eventually damage the remote/ON OFF switch, or internal diods ect on the board.Not good on the speakers either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.