Speakers - Looking for advise

Participant count
  • Participant list

M3 Upgrade

I'm upgrading the sound system on my BMW M3 convertible. I listen to classic rock, alternative rock, classic music, country, etc.

For the amps, I'm currently tending towards the Arc Audio 2100 to power two 6.5'' front speakers and the 4150 for two 4'' rear speakers (no space for larger) plus subwoofer.

Questions:

1) What front and rear speakers would you recommend? Cost is not a constraint

2) What subwoofer(s) would you recommend?

2) I have limited space in the trunk where the subwoofer will be located. Would you go with one 10'' or two 8''?

I would really appreciate some guidance. Thank you in advance.

M3 Fanatic.

1.fronts down the lines of top 2 lines of cdt or oz matrix, image dynamics chameleans, dynaaudio, focal utopia, adire koda. front amp keep it the same (thought you were going to put the 4 channel on the front/rears 2100 in any of their lines would be awesome

2. elemental designs has an 8" but the kicker 8L7 4 ohm has a larger cone area (kickers would require 1.5-2 cft for 2 to get the sq out of them) the 8a's would only need .5 cft but im sure it would prolly have a lil less output - could be wrong but this is the case i have found with kicker vs anything else- they really arent small box woofers

3. sub amp arc 1500d from the top 2 lines would work wonderfully.

NOTE this is a blue print about power and whats really needed to make a great system the speakers u choose arent as important as the installation (all i mentioned are great if set up right) and if u wanna see how messed up rear fill can be buy a test cd from autosound 2000 and play stage tracks on a typical system (with rear fill) then listen to it on a sq system without rear fill and kick panel mounted fronts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.