Speakers getting hot and smell...

i can tell you from experience that those subs can be loud.......i had 2 of them in 07 and hit a 141.6db with MECA on some crap Kenwood amps......get a better box and you will be happy.

Any way you could let me know what size box you had? After displacement how much air space was in it?

Thank you, glad to know it's just error and not the subs.

Okay, I got some cut measurements and box plans from someone and now I'm ready to move on up into building my own box. I've also ordered some knu 1/0g wiring and looking into an alternator upgrade and big 3 upgrade. The lights dim badly so I'll need to see what size alt I need. Thank god payday is coming up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

that kind of describes the sound when the common is lost between a pair of channels. you get some lows and it plays the difference between right...
Speaker ratings are generally a thermal/mechanical limitation of the drivers. Music is dynamic, not continuous. During quiet periods a song, you...
Yep, that will mark the third iteration of teh X series. i figured that was in the loop as they have been running out of stock on the last...
It may be that they act like this because they are underpowered and the push to play them louder is causing the amp to clip the signal, which will...

About this thread

cfox10

10+ year member
Rock the house.
cfox10
Tillamook, Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date