Speakers for husband, need help!

amanda.p

So yeah, I know hardly anything about car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif. My husband really wants a system for his birthday so I need help!

He has a Mazda3 that we just put a Kenwood Excelon deck in, but now he wants new speakers. I'm wondering if there is anything good I can get him for around $100, or if that would be a waste of money and I should wait until I can spend more.

The stock speakers aren't the worst speakers, and what he really likes is a good subwoofer system. Should I just start with that?

Him and his brothers have all done their own installation/wiring for sound systems before so they should be able to handle that.

I'm grateful for any advice!

So yeah, I know hardly anything about car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif. My husband really wants a system for his birthday so I need help!
He has a Mazda3 that we just put a Kenwood Excelon deck in, but now he wants new speakers. I'm wondering if there is anything good I can get him for around $100, or if that would be a waste of money and I should wait until I can spend more.

The stock speakers aren't the worst speakers, and what he really likes is a good subwoofer system. Should I just start with that?

Him and his brothers have all done their own installation/wiring for sound systems before so they should be able to handle that.

I'm grateful for any advice!
Id get him a sub as a start. Ask his brothers though.

Yeah, a sub and amplifier is gonna be a lot more than $100. For upgrading speakers, go to Crutchfield.com and put in the details of the car. Their web site is excellent for showing you what they carry that fits exactly. If you find something there in your budget, come back and ask us if you're making a good choice.

If you want speakers look at components these are most likely what he wants. But you'll need at least $150 for a dd emt set. As far as a sub system you'll need the sub $150 + , amp 150+, box $130+ wiring $50 so as you can see you'll need a lot more for this if myself or any other vendor can help please don't hesitate to ask .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.