speakers for campervan

Participant count
  • Participant list

dilby

Hi all -

Apologies for the noob question, but I have a campervan that I recently bought and the speakers sound awful. They appear to be some cheap 6inch speakers and I need to replace them. Because it's a van I'll only have speakers in the front, and the head unit is a 4x45W.

My question is about what type of speakers to replace them with. Ideally I'd like to keep the same holes in the doors (or enlarge the holes if bigger speakers are the answer) but because of the nature of the vehicle it'll be hard to put in separate tweeters.

So is it possible to get decent audio by buying some sort of speaker that covers the entire spectrum (is midrange the right term?) or is my audio going to always **** doing this? It's just an old camper so I don't need crazy good audio, but at the moment its just awful!

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.