Speakers Cutting Out...unsolved For A Year Now!!

cause mobile dynamics teaches you everything over about 1300 pages in 2 months and i mean EEEEVERYTHING....not much experience though. I wish I had some before I went...but I passed so.... They literally touch on pretty much every aspect of car audio...from enclosure design, to crossover designs, to calculating time delays, to fiberglassing...robotics, video..................you name it...JUST NO EXPERIENCE!

I mean i know its elementary...but i feel like i have checked everything....i guess except the head unit...but if that doesnt work, then what??

Is this the guy with the eleventy billion sets of comps and amps and look at my crazy system with 2 XXX 15's????

I can't understand why you might STILL have a problem. I'm sure people have tried to help you, but you don't listen cause you know everything..

yea, it is...and if you look under the for sale section you will see that all of my speakers are for sale....You want to say anything else?
Yea,
flip.bmp

And, It's about time you did something intellegent or at least attempted it.

Loser.

How's that

douche rocket

Do a search for some recent post of mine where I have given good advice and then read all the posts you have made..

Hmmm...And I'm done with you jack

if you open your eyes and look at the other thread I just started about trying to solve the problem with my speakers cutting off, you would see that everyone has posted FRIENDLY advice, and I have taken all of it...I dont take advice from people like you who instantly start to bash the equipment people have and say
"its no good, you should throw it all away and buy what I have in my car cause thats what I like and thats what works the best" well what about how I like it. What if I like a ton of loud sound with lots of sharp hi's. And once again....3 components isnt that much!!!. Do you know how many speakers come in a new Toyota 4 runner with the premium audio package.....11!!! so shut your face about having a lot of speakers man!! There are so many cars coming out that have more than 8 speakers in them!

Thanks for the PM also

i am calling the HU on this one.

i had a sony one that would cut in and out when it was cold. you just had to crank it and deal with the LOUD bursts of music for about 10 minutes and then it was fine.

HU!

GET A NEW FVCKIN HU!

YOR HU BE JUNK HOLMES!

If you're hard up goto Wal-mart and get a cheap Jensen with a sub output it will have better SQ then the one you have now since little bumps in volume cause it to go all fruity on you.

QUESTION.........I was told today that some of the alpine head units that have the BBE option need a lot of power sent to them. IS IT POSSIBLE that this is the problem...

BECAUSE when i hooked it up, i just used all the factory wires and tapped in...should i switch the power wire to the HU to like a 10 GA or maybe even 8?

I run 16 guage to my Alpine, it's about an 8 to 10 foot length. It gets hot but has never actually caused any problem. I'd say some 12 guage. Direct to the battery.

Alright, Here is a little more info for you guys who might know what the problem could be...just to narrow it down a little more. I have my radio to a certine point where it wont cut out...but the second I try to turn up the trebble 1 notch, it cuts out. I even tried dis-connecting a pair of tweeters to see if that would help AT ALL, but NOPE.

If it was power to the HU, the HU would be cutting out from lack of power, right? Cause the head unit stays on fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.