Speakers cut out at lower volume, and come back on at high volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

chuckle490
10+ year member

I have a Ford Ranger ext. cab, with 4 Pioneer 6x8's, a cheap sony head unit, a 2010 DVC compvr, and a sonyXM-1s sub amp. Recently my right door panel speaker and my left speaker in my rear stage have been cutting out at low volumes sporadically, but when I turn the volume up loud the come back on and sound as good as they ever did. What could be causing this, should I check my connections? I got these speakers in October of 2012 so I've had them something like 10 months. Could it be a problem with my head unit? Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

You are clipping at the HU, and as stated.. will eventually damage the HU if continued. sounds like you need a little more power as stated. A 2 ch...
The Deaf bonce unit are not mdbass, they are midrange drivers. They will play pretty loud from 150 up. I don't support the company right now as...
Ill also add that, its nice to have rear fill for passengers and for that surround sound affect, especially for an SUV or a 4 dr vehicle. If the...
Speaker ratings are generally a thermal/mechanical limitation of the drivers. Music is dynamic, not continuous. During quiet periods a song, you...

About this thread

chuckle490

10+ year member
chuckle490
Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from