Do they make wiring kits without the on star feature

Participant count
  • Participant list
I want to get a new head unit for an 08 trailblazer. The only thing holding me back now is a wiring kit for my trailblazer will cost about 100 because of the on star feature. I don't use onstar and never will. Other than touching wire to wire and hoping things come out right like I was a kid, I want to see if there is a way to skip the on star and buy a 20 dollar wiring kit.

They do make a harness that will work. Downside is the check engine light MIGHT come on, not always but it might. Being a trailblazer your lucky the check engine isn't on already. I've done a lot with NO problems and others WITH problems.....flip a coin

They do make a harness that will work. Downside is the check engine light MIGHT come on, not always but it might. Being a trailblazer your lucky the check engine isn't on already. I've done a lot with NO problems and others WITH problems.....flip a coin
What makes you think the check engine light should be on? I got the 08, I've heard about the 05 and 06 having problems with the check engine light. Where Would I find the harness? If it's cheap enough I might give it a shot.

When getting the harness just get one for GM without OnStar. Or you can do what alot of Mini owners have done; if using aftermarket amps just run Sep constant, ignition, ground, and remote. If using stock speakers just tap the speaker feeds

When getting the harness just get one for GM without OnStar. Or you can do what alot of Mini owners have done; if using aftermarket amps just run Sep constant, ignition, ground, and remote. If using stock speakers just tap the speaker feeds
Yeah, I have an amp hooked up now. My cd player gets extremely hot, even before the amp was hooked up. I'd rather keep my 6 disc since I don't like the sound an ipod plays into an aftermarket radio. Thanks for your help but I will probably just do things the right way.

The check engine light shouldn't be on, I'm saying that 50-60% of the trailblazers and envoys come into my shop with the check engine light on. The harness you can find all over for around $10-$20 but its a 50/50 thing. If you going to use an interface I would recommend a PAC part before a cheap metra or axxis part.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.