Speakers blown... What are my options??

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I'm a complete speaker noob.. I have a 2002 dodge intrepid and music on my way to work is one of the highlights of my day but recently two of my speakers have become blown and the audio quality is now pretty terrible.. I have no idea how to replace speakers nor really have time to do it myself or tons of extra money for amazing speakers but would like the best quality I can get. Any advice on what kind to get/what size and where I can get them installed at? All I've seen is best buy speakers with geek squad installation and that seems kind of pricy, what other options are there? Thanks!

-Matt

are they 6x9s in the doors? if so i just set up some alpine 6x9 in my girls 04 stratus, should be similar to your car, im surprised by them especially since im running them off HU power. http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SPS-619-Coaxial-Type-S-Speaker/dp/B004TNU40U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433895182&sr=8-1&keywords=alpine+6x9

it wasnt hard to install literally used even the stock mounting adapter just had to cut the edges off the back since the magnet is so big on these alpines
Oh gotcha, if it were just the door speakers I might look into installing it myself but the blown ones I believe are in the trunk and the dash and I get the feeling those might be a bit more difficult.

the trunk ones are easily accessible its not that hard just need the right tools. now for the dash well idk about that her car doesnt come with dash speakers. im sure if you go on an intrepid forum and search someone on there has swapped out every speaker in that car and made a log.

the trunk ones are easily accessible its not that hard just need the right tools. now for the dash well idk about that her car doesnt come with dash speakers. im sure if you go on an intrepid forum and search someone on there has swapped out every speaker in that car and made a log.
Ok I'll check it out, thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.