Speaker wiring for low impedance

If you have education in electronics you should be capable of basic circuit analysis.

If you have 1.14 ohms and ~2500w at that impedance you have about 53v.

The 2 parallel with 8 parallel with 8 parallel with 8...

Parallel circuit so V is the same through all loads.

I = 53/2 and 53/8 which is 26.7 and 6.7

53 x 26.7 = 1415w through the 2 ohm load. 53 x 6.7 = 355w through the 8 ohm loads.

The only way I know of to do different sub sizes correctly would be to have them only working in specific frequency ranges like -- big subs 50hz and down. Smaller subs 50-100. Component woofers 100+.
Yeah, I did that one already, but due to the fact that speakers change their resistance (thereby being called impedance, right?) based on frequency, I had no idea if it held true. All of my education in electronics is in disarming bombs. Never really built much. lol

Well, obviously you'd only have ~2500w during dynamic bursts at high volume, but the point holds that the config. you were considering would basically have one sub doing all the work (and taking 4x the stress of the other 3).

its actually correct, 4 speakers wired in parallel individually resulting in four 2 ohm loads. Wired in series will result in a total of 8 ohm.
they are using oneside of the coil betwen the woofers to series to another side of the coil. i haingly recommend aginst this becasue it compeltly alters the woofer and its response.

no 8 coils series @ 4 ohm is 32 ohm

series parallel is 2 ohm

they are uaing the - from one coil ot the = of the other woofers coil to "act" like one coil its a ****** idea..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.