Speaker wire question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Going larger than 16 AWG on speakers will rapidly get into the realm of diminishing returns. Sure, there may be less power lost per foot by comparing the same brand and quality of 16 AWG wire to 14 AWG wire or larger, but the challenge of fitting the bigger diameter wire may decide it for you. I think you made a fine choice based on the reputation of NVX wire online.

Nevermind. Ordered 20ft of NVX 4 gauge, 75ft of NVX 16 gauge, 40sq ft of NVX Deadener, and an NVX roller
I hoped it doesn't get too hot where you live. I have been a big advocate of nvx products since 2012. Too be honest with you their deadner is a little sketchy. It will melt and slide down your doors. That being said I do live in south Alabama. If I recall correctly you used to live in Alabama and know how brutal the summers can be here.

I hoped it doesn't get too hot where you live. I have been a big advocate of nvx products since 2012. Too be honest with you their deadner is a little sketchy. It will melt and slide down your doors. That being said I do live in south Alabama. If I recall correctly you used to live in Alabama and know how brutal the summers can be here.

All depends on the summers here. I have used Peel and Seal and only had minimum melting with that. So hopefully the NVX will be okay. Just going off their reputation.

Yo I'm from dothan. How the car audio scene down there now?

When I went home to Montgomery last summer, it seemed dead. I went into a couple shops and they were dead.
Well I'm actually from slocomb but no one knows it's at so I just say Dothan and still people don't know lol but it was dead about a year ago I started to see nice just stuff floating around though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.