Speaker Wire question

I have 2 FI Sp4 18s and I am going to be getting 2 Crescendo BC3500s. I know this might sound like a dumb question but 8 Gauge speaker wire is what I would need for this right? I do not need to use 4 gauge right?
ALWAYS use the maximum allowed input gauge. I use 12g for all my speakers and subs. If your talking about power and ground however for the sub's your running I'd say a minimum of 4g. Like I said use the biggest wire allowed to be used or can fit.

ALWAYS use the maximum allowed input gauge. I use 12g for all my speakers and subs. If your talking about power and ground however for the sub's your running I'd say a minimum of 4g. Like I said use the biggest wire allowed to be used or can fit.
O gauge is the minimum for anything over 1.5k/1.6k. He also said speaker wire never mentioning power and ground.

Op 8 gauge sub wire should be fine as long as your runs are shorter than 8 feet.

O gauge is the minimum for anything over 1.5k/1.6k. He also said speaker wire never mentioning power and ground.
Op 8 gauge sub wire should be fine as long as your runs are shorter than 8 feet.
I do all my posting on my smartphone. I could of swore I read 0g when I proof-read. 16-18g is fine until you hit around the 750+ watt region - from what I have learned. Then bigger gauge wire would be more suitable.

Alright but for the fuses they will be the ones right off of my battery under the hood? A 250a fuse should be fine for that correct? I will have a 320a alt and 0 gauge.
Yes 250-270 should be fine lower will pop sooner so makes it safer I wouldn't go higher than 270 imo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.